From start to finish, expect about 1/2 hour preparation time and no cooking is required. Serves 6 – 8 persons.
What You Need:
- Shallow dish – I prefer a pie plate
- 1-1/2 Pkgs of Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup or less of Salsa
- 1/2 Cup of fresh chopped mixed vegetables: Tomatoes, peppers, onions (totally optional)
- About 1-1/2 Cups of grated cheese. Cheddar preferred but a good alternative is a mix of cheddar/mozza or a Mexican blend
- Soften the cream cheese with a mixer or by hand. Cream cheese should be room temperature for best results.
- Blend in sour cream by hand or with a very low setting on the mixer – mix just till well blended.
- Spread the cream cheese and sour cream mix in the bottom of a pie plate
- Top with Salsa
- Add a layer of the chopped mixed vegetables – this layer is optional
- Top with shredded cheese
How to Serve Taco Mountain:
- Let guests spoon some onto their plate
- Ideal for dipping with tortilla chips, taco chips, Nachos® Bugles® or crackers
- Cover and refrigerate till ready to serve; refrigerate left-overs
- A mixer can be used for cream cheese. To blend in the sour cream, either mix by hand or a very low mixer setting. Do not use a blender; it can liquify the sour cream.
- Ingredients can be increased or decreased at will.
- Salsa can be either mild, medium or hot – your preference
- If I omit the mixed vegetables, I usually add more salsa
- You can use low fat cream cheese and cheddar – no one will notice the taste difference.
- Optional – add a sprinkle of Taco Seasonings® to the cream cheese and sour cream mix